A graphic version of these infographics is also available.
Working together for human rights in Alberta
2023 marks 50 years since the Commission's establishment in 1973. To commemorate this significant anniversary, the Commission has launched the #AB50for50 campaign.
We all play a role in reducing discrimination and upholding human rights in Alberta. Together with other organizations in the province, the Commission hopes to inspire Albertans to take action to create a culture of human rights.
The #AB50for50 campaign encourages Albertans to challenge themselves and others to spend 50 minutes learning more about human rights or supporting a human rights organization during the 50th anniversary year.
The possibilities are endless to get involved in the campaign. Consider engaging in human rights topics by:
No action is too small. Whatever human rights activity you decide to take on, let us know by using the hashtag #AB50for50 on social media and sharing how you'll be advancing human rights in Alberta throughout 2023!
- Reading a book
- Watching a documentary or film
- Volunteering at a local organization that promotes human rights causes
- Attending a conference or webinar
- Hosting a fundraise for a human rights cause
- Listening to a podcast
- Taking a course
- Hosting a human rights event at your school
- Reading a report
- Listening to a TED Talk or lecture
- Attending a human rights workshop
- Learning about the work of a human rights organization
- Speaking with family and friends
We've compiled the following list of Alberta-area human rights resources, events, and much more so you can easily find an activity to participate in. Know about a human rights initiative we've missed? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised: March 15, 2023