What do I do if a complaint is made against me?

If the Commission has notified you that a complaint has been made against you or your organization, then you or your organization are called a "respondent." You may want to review the following information:

You may also wish to review information on specific human rights topics and the interpretive bulletin on duty to accommodate. Many of these topics relate to the area of employment.

You may wish to contact the Alberta Human Rights Commission to discuss your specific situation with one of our offices.

Revised: December 2019



Our vision is a vibrant and inclusive Alberta where the rich diversity of people is celebrated and respected, and where everyone has the opportunity to fully participate in society, free from discrimination.