Membership in trade unions, employers' organizations, or occupational associations

This section of the website provides useful information on human rights related to membership in trade unions, employers' organizations or occupational associations.

For more information see:

What you need to know
How to resolve a complaint
Who can make a complaint

Reviewed: March 10, 2010


The Alberta Human Rights Commission is an independent commission of the Government of Alberta.

Due to confidentiality concerns, the Commission cannot reply to inquiries about specific situations by email. Please call the Commission's Confidential Inquiry Line if you have a specific question.

You can access information about making FOIP requests for records held by the Commission on our Contact us page.

The Commission will make publications available in accessible formats upon request for people with disabilities who do not read conventional print.