Education includes the services provided by institutions like private and public schools from kindergarten through grade 12 (K-12), universities, community colleges, technical institutes, private sector training schools, English as a Second Language (ESL) schools, continuing education programs and adult education and upgrading programs. It also includes the services that the government provides to enable home schooling. (See the introductory page on services for a complete definition of goods, services, accommodation or facilities that are customarily available to the public.)

For more information see:

What you need to know
Who can make a complaint
How to resolve a complaint

Reviewed: February 1, 2010



The Alberta Human Rights Commission is an independent commission of the Government of Alberta.

Due to confidentiality concerns, the Commission cannot reply to complaints of discrimination by email. Please contact the Commission by phone or regular mail if you have a specific complaint.

You can access information about making FOIP requests for records held by the Commission on our Contact us page.

The Commission will make publications available in accessible formats upon request for people with disabilities who do not read conventional print.