Medical and other professional services

Medical and other professional services include, but are not limited to, the services provided by physicians, dentists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, counselors, psychologists, laboratories, medical imaging professionals, pharmacists, accountants and lawyers. Professional services also include self-regulating professional bodies such as the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons, the Alberta Dental Association and College, and the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta. (See the introductory page on services for a complete definition of goods, services, accommodation or facilities that are customarily available to the public.)

For more information see:

What you need to know
Who can make a complaint
How to resolve a complaint

Reviewed: February 4, 2010


The Alberta Human Rights Commission is an independent commission of the Government of Alberta.

Due to confidentiality concerns, the Commission cannot reply to inquiries about specific situations by email. Please call the Commission's Confidential Inquiry Line if you have a specific question.

You can access information about making FOIP requests for records held by the Commission on our Contact us page.

The Commission will make publications available in accessible formats upon request for people with disabilities who do not read conventional print.